Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rambling Autobiography

I was born on Labor Day in 1982, the same year E.T. phoned home. My favorite cake is Italian cream, and my favorite pie is rhubarb. I played my mom’s dented cornet for eight years. In second grade, when my teacher Miss Rice read Charlotte’s Web aloud to my class, I knew I would read books for the rest of my life. I have never seen an illegal drug in person. My favorite Christmas gift was an expandable plastic tunnel. I have skied a black diamond run on accident and on purpose. My mom told me she had leukemia through a text message. On the last song of my high school prom, I danced with my crush, Beth. My favorite place on earth was the hay barn at my grandparents’ farm; a tornado destroyed it. I didn’t floss regularly until I was 28. In high school on Sundays, I wrote notes to my friends on the backs of offering envelopes while my dad preached. The smell of gasoline reminds me of lawn mowing. I once stole a butterscotch candy from a grocery store. After fifteen years since her death, I have begun to forget the sound of my Nannah’s laugh. The first video game I owned was Link’s Awakening for Gameboy. I believe the best sunsets in the world are here in Oklahoma. I don’t think I will ever move away from this state.

inspired by Linda Rief's rambling autobiography

2 comments:

Timilyn said...

Well Mr. Stephenson...I thoroughly enjoyed the ramble!

Unknown said...

this is a good article keep up the good work :)